Period properties are often subject to higher insurance premiums. The reason for this is that as buildings of historical or architectural interest, owners are responsible for keeping them in a good state of repair.
Luckily, finding affordable insurance for period properties is now easier than ever. Before you start getting quotes, it’s a good idea to read through the information below so you’re better informed and can make the best decision possible.
Things to consider
- The current state of the property – Period properties come with a good deal of responsibility. Because they’re listed in the national register, you’ll be expected to make any necessary repairs when you move in. Therefore it’s a very good idea to get a survey carried out so you’re fully aware of what you’re taking on.
- The value – When considering the price of a period property, you should also take insurance and any restoration costs into account. This will give you a clear idea of what you’ll actually pay when all’s said and done.
- Where it’s located – The location of the property is very important too. Since you’ll be living in the property, you’ll want to know what facilities are available in your immediate surroundings.
- Available grants – There’s a chance that you may be entitled to a government grant when you move into a period property. Your conservation officer will be able to let you know if this is the case.
The benefits of getting cover online
- All types of cover available
- Quotes from specialist providers
- Save time & money
- Flexible payment methods
- Instant documentation
- Full support
Get quotes from specialists now
When it comes to getting insurance for a period property, it’s much better to go to a specialist provider. Specialist providers are used to dealing with period property owners and can therefore provide a quote that’s fair and accurate.
You can get quotes from a panel of period property insurance specialists by clicking the red button below. Once you’ve provided some required information, you’ll then have access to your quotes for comparison.